Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 28 September 2017
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 28 September 2017 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 28 September 2017 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Watkins (Chair)
Councillor Lyons (Deputy Chair)
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Operations Engineer (Mr T Bateman)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
An apology was noted from Transportation Officer, Mrs L Burden.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 14 September 2017 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
The Subcommittee felt a condition should be included to reflect the wording under Paragraph 7.1 regarding Council’s Consolidated Bylaw – Chapter 4, which referred to a liquor ban being in operation. The Subcommittee requested that an additional condition (Condition 9) be included to highlight this fact.
A) That the report of the Transportation Officer titled “Temporary road closure - Prospect Road - 7 October 2017” dated 28/09/2017 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closure of Prospect Road between Royston Hospital and King Street South. The road closure will be between 6:00am and 7:00pm, Saturday, 7 October 2017.
C) The Council approve the above temporary road closure subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. This event is conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plan including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plan must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. A copy of the relevant liability insurance policy is received.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of this event with details of the date, location and time frame.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the site as required.
8. (i) The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with this activity and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during this temporary road closure.
(ii) And, the applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plan including any conditions attached in the plan.
9. The Applicant is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Council’s Consolidated Bylaw – Chapter 4 which states that Prospect Road is prohibited for the consumption, bringing into, or possession of alcohol within the ban area on the first Saturday in October between 7.00am and 11.00pm, therefore a liquor ban is in operation.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closure the organisers can undertake their event in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.49am