Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 12 October 2017
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
4. Temporary Road Closures - Elwood Road - 20 October 2017, Te Mata Peak Road - 20 October 2017 and Napier Road, Columba Way car park - 22 October 2017, Tangoio Settlement Road - 22 October 2017, Havelock North CBD - 28 October 2017
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings
ON Thursday, 12 October 2017 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Watkins (Chair)
Councillor Lyons (Deputy Chair)
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Operations Engineer (Mr T Bateman)
Transportation Officer (Mrs L Burden)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
There were no apologies.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 28 September 2017 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
Temporary Road Closures - Elwood Road - 20 October 2017, Te Mata Peak Road - 20 October 2017 and Napier Road, Columba Way car park - 22 October 2017, Tangoio Settlement Road - 22 October 2017, Havelock North CBD - 28 October 2017
A) That the report of the Transportation Officer titled “Temporary Road Closures - Elwood Road - 20 October 2017, Te Mata Peak Road - 20 October 2017 and Napier Road, Columba Way car park - 22 October 2017, Tangoio Settlement Road - 22 October 2017, Havelock North CBD - 28 October 2017 ” dated 12/10/2017 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closures of:
Elwood Road between SH2 and Otene Road. The road closure will be from 7:00am until 6:00pm, Friday, 20 October 2017.
Te Mata Peak Road from the car park inside the main gates to the summit of Te Mata Peak. The road closure will be between 4:30pm and 10:00pm, Friday, 20 October 2017.
Napier Road (southern lane) from Karanema Drive to the central roundabout. The road closure will be between 6:00am and 4:00pm, Sunday, 22 October 2017.
Columba Way car park from Te Mata Road to Napier Road. The road closure will be between 6:00am and 2:00pm, Sunday, 22 October 2017.
Tangoio Settlement Road between Waipatiki Road and SH2 (gravel section only). The road closure will be on Sunday, 22 October 2017 between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Havelock North CBD roads:
· The central roundabout
· Te Mata Road from the central roundabout to Columba Way
· Napier Road from the central roundabout to Porter Drive
· Havelock Road from the central roundabout to Havelock North Motel (the entrance to the motel will remain open)
· Te Aute Road from the central roundabout to the car park exit
· Middle Road from the central roundabout to the car park entrance
· Joll Road from the central roundabout to the New World service lane
The road closures will be between 7:00am until 4:00pm, Saturday, 28 October 2017.
C) The Council approve the above temporary road closures subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. These events are conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plans including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plans must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. The Event Holder shall have in place approved Public Liability Insurance for the period of the event. A copy of the relevant Public Liability Insurance policy shall be supplied to the Council prior to the event taking place.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of these events with details of the date, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the sites as required.
8. (i) The applicants are responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with these activities and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during these temporary road closures.
(ii) And, the applicants have in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plan including any conditions attached in the plans.
9. The Hawke’s Bay Car Club event shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Motorsport New Zealand Motor Sport Manual, National Sporting Code and Appendices.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closures the organisers can undertake their events in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.49am