Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 22 March 2018
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Guilin Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 22 March 2018 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Watkins (Chair)
Councillor Lyons (Deputy Chair)
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Operations Engineer (Mr T Bateman)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
That an Apology for Absence from Mr Pannu be accepted.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 22 February 2018 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
A) That the report of the Transportation Operations Engineer titled “Temporary Road Closures - ANZAC Day Services - Hastings, Havelock North and Clive - 25 April 2018” dated 22/03/2018 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closures for the ANZAC Day commemorative services in Hastings, Clive and Havelock North:
1. Eastbourne Street East - Karamu Road to Railway Road - 5:15am until 6:15am
2. Russell Street South - Heretaunga Street East to Lyndon Road East - 5:15am until 6:15am
3. Ferry Road - from School Road to Old Main Road – Northern half of the road only – 9:00am until 10:30am
4. Old Main Road – from Ferry Road for a distance of 35m - 9:00am until 10:30am
5. Middle Road from the bank corner to the central roundabout - 8:30am until 10:15am
6. Te Aute Road from Porter Drive to the central roundabout - 8:30am until 10:15am
7. Havelock Road from the motel entrance (remains open) to the central roundabout - 8:30am until 10:15am
8. Napier Road from Treachers Lane to the central roundabout - 8:30am until 10:15am
9. Te Mata Road from Columba Way to the central roundabout - 8:30am until 10:15am
10. Joll Road from the movie theatre entrance to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:15am
11. The central roundabout - 8:30am until 10:15am.
C) The Council approve the above temporary road closures subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. This event is conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plan including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plan must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. A copy of the relevant liability insurance policy is received.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of this events with details of the dates, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the site as required.
8. The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with this activity and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during this temporary road closure.
9. The applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plan including any conditions attached.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closures the organiser can undertake their event in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
(Document 18/207 and Supplementary Report 18/258)
The Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee was advised that since the Agenda report for this meeting had been prepared, two submissions had been received (from S Fleming and Melody Dermer) in regard to the application by the Hawke’s Bay Car Club to hold a motorsport event on Mangaroa Road.
A supplementary report had been prepared seeking to set a hearing date on Thursday, 29 March 2018 to address the application and the two submissions. Full details of the application and the resultant submissions would be included in the hearing agenda.
Therefore, the agenda report (Document 18/207) and the recommendations in that report were not addressed at this 22 March 2018 meeting. The Subcommittee addressed the recommendations in the supplementary report (Document 18/258).
A) That the report of the Committee Secretary titled “Proposed Hearing date of 29 March 2018 to address two submissions relating to the application by the Hawke’s Bay Car Club to use Mangaroa Road to hold a motorsport event on 8 April 2018” dated 22/03/2018 be received.
B) That a hearing date be set on Thursday, 29 March 2018 at 8.00am to address the two submissions to the temporary road closure referred to in “A)” above.
6. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
7. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.55am