Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 28 February 2019
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 28 February 2019 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Nixon (Chair)
Councillor Watkins (Deputy Chair)
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Officer (Mrs L Burden)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
There were no apologies.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 31 January 2019 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
A) That the report of the Transportation Officer titled “Temporary Road Closures - Te Mata Peak Road - 9 March 2019, Pohokura Road - 10 March 2019, Elwood Road and Kenilworth Road - 12 March to 19 March 2019” dated 28/02/2019 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received in respect of the above temporary road closures, the Council approve the following temporary road closures:
Bennelong Mountain Bike Club - Triple Peaks Challenge – Te Mata Peak Road – Saturday, 9 March 2019.
Te Mata Peak Road - 900m down from the summit. The road closure will be between 6.00am and 4.30pm on Saturday, 9 March 2019.
Hawke’s Bay Car Club (HBCC) – Motorsport event – Pohokura Road – Sunday, 10 March 2019.
Pohokura Road - from outside rapid number 2046 to the Mohaka River bridge. The road closure will be between 10:00am and 6:00pm, Sunday, 10 March 2019.
SMC Events – Horse of the Year event – Elwood Road and Kenilworth Road – Tuesday, 12 March – Tuesday, 19 March 2019.
Elwood Road between SH2 and Otene Road.
Kenilworth Road from Caroline Road to the north west end (dead end) of the road.
C) The Council approve the above temporary road closures subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1) These events are conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2) The Traffic Management Plans including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3) The Traffic Management Plans must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4) Copies of the relevant liability insurance policies are received.
5) That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6) Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of these events with details of the dates, locations and time frames.
7) As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the sites as required.
8) The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with this activity and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during these temporary road closures.
9) The applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plans including any conditions attached.
10) The HBCC event shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Motorsport New Zealand Motor Sport Manual, National Sporting Code and Appendices.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closures the organisers can undertake their events in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.50am