Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Wednesday, 24 April 2019
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
24 April 2019 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Wednesday, 24 April 2019 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Nixon (Chair)
Councillor Watkins (Deputy Chair)
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Officer (Mrs L Burden)
Committee Secretary (Mrs A Murdoch)
Councillor Nixon/Councillor Watkins
That an apology for absence from Transportation Manager, Mr J Pannu and Environmental Consents Manager, Mr M Arnold be accepted.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 11 April 2019 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
A) That the report of the Transportation Officer titled “Temporary Road Closure - Mangaroa Road - Hawke's Bay Car Club - 5 May 2019” dated 24/04/2019 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received in respect of the Hawke’s Bay Club temporary road closure application, the Council approve the following temporary road closure.
Mangaroa Road between Ru Collin Road and Maraekakaho Road. The road closure will be between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Sunday, 5 May 2019.
C) The Council approve the above temporary road closure subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. This event is conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plan including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plan must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. Copies of the relevant liability insurance policies are received.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of this event with details of the dates, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the site as required.
8. The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with this activity and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during these temporary road closure.
9. The applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plans including any conditions attached.
10. These Hawke’s Bay Car Club events shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Motorsport New Zealand Motor Sport Manual, National Sporting Code and Appendices.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closure the organiser can undertake their event in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.47am