Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 25 May 2017
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 25 May 2017 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Watkins (Chair)
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Officer (Mrs L Burden)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
That an apology for absence from Councillor Lyons (Deputy Chair) be accepted.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 27 April 2017 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
The Transportation Officer, Mrs L Burden, advised that she had received confirmation that the Hawke’s Bay Car Club had made contact with the Cemetery Manager to advise of the proposed closure of Mangaroa Road.
Mrs Burden would seek written confirmation from the Car Club that they had also made contact with Mangaroa Prison, to advise of the proposed closure of Mangaroa Road. The Subcommittee agreed to the proposed temporary closure of Mangaroa Road subject to this written confirmation being received.
A) That the report of the Transportation Officer titled “Temporary Road Closures - Glenross Road - 11 June 2017 and Mangaroa Road - 25 June 2017” dated 25/05/2017 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closure of Glenross Road from just past Rapid Number 336 to the end of the seal. The road closure will be between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Sunday, 11 June 2017.
C) That, there being no submissions received, and subject to receipt of the Hawke’s Bay Car Club’s written confirmation that it has contacted the Mangaroa Prison and advised it of the temporary road closure and the possible impact on staff and visitors, the Council approve the temporary road closure of Mangaroa Road between Ru Collin Road and Maraekakaho Road. The road closure will be between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Sunday, 25 June 2017.
D) The Council approve the above temporary road closures subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. These events are conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plans including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plans must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. Copies of the relevant liability insurance policies are received.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of these events with details of the dates, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the sites as required.
8. The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with these activities and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during these temporary road closures.
9. The applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plans including any conditions attached.
10. These Hawke’s Bay Car Club events shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Motorsport New Zealand Motor Sport Manual, National Sporting Code and Appendices.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closures the organiser can undertake their event in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no Additional Business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no Extraordinary Business items.
The meeting closed at 8.51am