Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 23 August 2018
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Guilin Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 23 August 2018 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Nixon (Chair) – present for part of meeting
Councillor Watkins (Deputy Chair) – assumed the Chair for part of meeting
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Officer (Mr S Robson)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
There were no apologies.
In the Absence of the Chairman, Councillor Watkins (Deputy Chair) assumed the Chair for this meeting.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 9 August 2018 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
The Chairman, Councillor Nixon, joined the meeting at 8.47am and took the Chair.
A) That the report of the Transportation Operations Engineer titled “Temporary Road Closures - Annual Blossom Parade - 15 September 2018, Thompson Road (Twyford) - 22 September 2018 ” dated 23/08/2018 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closures for the annual Blossom Parade.
Parade Set-up Area
6:00am – 3:00pm
Russell St South from Eastbourne St East to Lyndon Road East
Lyndon Road East from Russell St South to Hastings St South
Warren St South from Lyndon Road East to the entrance to the Library car park
7:00am – 1:00pm
Heretaunga St West from Nelson St South to Market St South
Heretaunga St East from Russell St North to Hastings St South
10:00am – 1:00pm
Eastbourne St West from Market St South to Russell St South
Hastings St South from Lyndon Road East to Heretaunga St East
Queen St West from Russell St North to Nelson St South
Nelson St South from Queen St West to Heretaunga St West
Market St South from Heretaunga St West to Eastbourne St West
10:00am – 3:00pm
Karamu Road North from Heretaunga St East to Eastbourne St East
Eastbourne St East from Russell St to Warren St South
C) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closure of Thompson Road between Twyford Road and Jarvis Road. The road closure will be between 7:00am and 5:00pm, Saturday, 22 September 2018.
D) The Council approve the above temporary road closures subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. These events are conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plans including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plans must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. Copies of the relevant liability insurance policies are received.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of these events with details of the date, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the sites as required.
8. (i) The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with this activity and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during this temporary road closure.
(ii) And, the applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plan including any conditions attached.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed Streets/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closures the organisers can undertake their events in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.51am