Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 18 October 2018
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
held on 18 October 2018 at 8.45am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 18 October 2018 AT 8.45am
Present: Councillor Nixon (Chair)
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Operations Engineer (Mr T Bateman)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hunt)
That apologies for absence from Councillor Watkins and the Environmental Consents Manager be accepted.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 20 September 2018 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
A) That the report of the Transportation Operations Engineer titled “Temporary Road Closure - Tangoio Settlement Road - Sunday 28 October 2018” dated 18/10/2018 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee approve the temporary road closure of Tangoio Settlement Road between Waipatiki Road and SH2 (gravel section only). The road closure will be on Sunday, 28 October 2018 between 9.00am and 5.00pm.
C) That the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee approve the above temporary road closure subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. These events are conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plans including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plans must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. The Event Holder shall have in place approved Public Liability Insurance for the period of the event. A copy of the relevant Public Liability Insurance policy shall be supplied to the Council prior to the event taking place.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organisers.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of these events with details of the date, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the sites as required.
8. (i) The applicants are responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with these activities and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during this temporary road closure.
(ii) And, the applicants have in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plan including any conditions attached in the plans.
9. The Hawke’s Bay Car Club event shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Motorsport New Zealand Motor Sport Manual, National Sporting Code and Appendices.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closure the organisers can undertake their events in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.50am