Civic Administration Building
Phone: (06) 871 5000
Fax: (06) 871 5100
M I N U T E S
Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee
Thursday, 11 April 2019
Minutes of a Meeting of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee held on
Thursday, 11 April 2019 at 8.50am
Table of Contents
Item Page No.
HASTINGS DISTRICT COUNCIL
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee HELD IN THE Green Room, Ground Floor, Civic Administration Building, Lyndon Road East, Hastings ON
Thursday, 11 April 2019 AT 8.50am
Present: Councillor Nixon (Chair)
Transportation Manager – Mr J Pannu
Environmental Consents Manager – Mr M Arnold
IN ATTENDANCE: Transportation Officer (Mrs L Burden)
Committee Secretary (Mrs C Hilton)
That an apology for absence from Councillor Watkins (Deputy Chair) be accepted.
2. Conflicts of Interest
There were no declarations of conflicts of interest.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
That the minutes of the Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee Meeting held Thursday 28 February 2019 be confirmed as a true and correct record and be adopted.
A) That the report of the Transportation Officer titled “Temporary Road Closures - ANZAC DAY - Hastings and Havelock North - 25 April 2019” dated 11/04/2019 be received.
B) That, there being no submissions received, the Council approve the temporary road closures for the ANZAC Day commemorative services in Hastings and Havelock North:
1. Eastbourne Street East from Karamu Road to Russell Street South - 5:00am until 6:15am
2. Russell Street South from Queen Street West to Lyndon Road East - 5:00am until 6:15am
1. Middle Road from the bank corner to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
2. Te Aute Road from Porter Drive to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
3. Havelock Road from the motel entrance (remains open) to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
4. Napier Road from Columba Way to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
5. Te Mata Road from Columba Way to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
6. Joll Road from the service lane to the central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
7. The central roundabout – 8:30am until 10:30am
C) The Council approve the above temporary road closures subject to the following conditions to be complied with to the satisfaction of the Group Manager: Asset Management:
1. This event is conducted in accordance with the New Zealand Transport Agency Code of Practice Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM).
2. The Traffic Management Plans including provision for appropriate signage are approved by the Traffic Management Coordinator acting under delegated authority.
3. The Traffic Management Plans must be complied with including any specific conditions.
4. A copy of the relevant liability insurance policy is received.
5. That the cost of all advertising is met by the event organiser.
6. Emergency Services are contacted regarding the holding of these events with details of the dates, locations and time frames.
7. As per the Traffic Management Plan provisions - all emergency services will be accommodated and access provided through the site as required.
8. The applicant is responsible under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 for all health and safety risks associated with this activity and must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the safety of all persons during these temporary road closures.
9. The applicant has in place at all times, appropriate Health and Safety measures (to prevent harm to any persons), including (but not limited to) any measures provided for in the submitted Health and Safety Plan including any conditions attached.
With the reasons for this decision being that the objective of the decision will contribute to the good quality local infrastructure by:
i) That the use of the above listed street/roads for these short periods of time will not unreasonably impede traffic.
ii) Allowing the above temporary road closures the organiser can undertake their event in a safe and controlled environment with all risks minimised and managed.
5. Additional Business Items
There were no additional business items.
6. Extraordinary Business Items
There were no extraordinary business items.
The meeting closed at 8.55am